My Life... At Christmas!

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

     So it's Christmas Eve today!  I thought I might catch you girls up on what's going on for me at "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year";).  So today, we might go sledding and that would be pretty awesome.  I don't think I'll ever be too old for sledding.:)  Tonight we will be going to our church's Christmas Eve service.
      I think it's great that we have a service today at our church.  It helps me to remember the real reason for Christmas.  We all need to be thankful for Jesus' birthday and remember that it is His day and not our own.
     After the service my family and I will be having our Christmas party.  And opening presents (grin).
     On Christmas day, we will be celebrating Christmas with my Dad's side of the family.  All of them are supposed to be there, which is a pretty great accomplishment because we have 21 family members in 3 different states.  Super excited!!!!
     We have some unique Christmas traditions with that side of the family I thought I might share.  My Grandma prepares a feast (literally) and it's so amazing every year because she is such a good cook!  Each family member has his or her own stocking.  Other family members fill the stocking with presents, but you don't know who gave you what, (which is perfect for joke presents):).  The presents can be as small as a candy bar.
     Grandma has a mini tree in her front doorway that has a card on it for every family member, that also contains a little Christmas fun money.
     This year we're trying something extra too.  Every family brings a number of ten dollar gift cards equivalent to the number of people in their immediate family. family and we will play a game to see who gets what gift card.  I'm looking forward to trying it out!
     On the 26th, we will be travelling to my Gram and Gramp's house.  They live like 6 or 7 hours (depends on how many bathroom breaks lol) away.  We will either be having Christmas with them and my Mom's brother's family on that night, or Sunday night.  We have the traditional Christmas, which is also LOADS of fun!
     I'm also super nervous excited for the Bears vs. Packers game on Sunday.  I'm a HUGE Bears fan and Packers are our rivals.  If we win we go to the playoffs, if we lose, the Packers go to the playoffs.  Talk about pressure!
     I have a little point for you all to take away.  I came up with this and I think it is a pretty valid point.  When people say "Don't sing Christian Christmas songs, don't say Merry Christmas, don't put up a nativity because it offends people!"  Just say "This is a Christian holiday.  It's the offended people who are celebrating OUR holiday.  You don't see anyone saying "Oh Hanukkah!  Jews, don't use your traditions, because we don't want you to offend people."  No.  It is the American people who have taken our holiday, Christ's holiday, and commercialized it for their own profit.  When people say those things, remember, it is not an American holiday, it is a Christian holiday.  In fact, it is a holiday celebrating the birth of the best person in the world, Jesus.  Remember that this CHRISTmas.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all of your comments, but as your mom always said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!";)