BPD10- Me: Needing Everything Just So

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

     Can any of you identify with this?  Are you just a born perfectionist?  I am.  I'm the kind of person, that if they make one mistake, will start all over.  I'm the kind of person that's biggest fear is not doing well at something.  I have high expectations for myself, and when I don't meet them, I tear myself down.  In whatever I do, I try to be excellent.
     I'm sure most of us start out every school year by planning out your routine and exactly how everything is going to go.  But do we continue?  Nah.  I set expectations so high for myself sometimes, that I make little to no progress on whatever I set out to do.  It frustrates me when I can't do something.  It's hard for me when I don't feel like people recognize my talents.  That's a big weakness for me.  I want recognition.  I want everyone to think "Wow!  She's really good at that!"
     When I was younger I always planned my birthday parties to the minute.  I wanted to follow the schedule because everything had to be just as I had imagined it.  It wasn't even fun, because I would get so stressed out and not enjoy it.  I've tried to let loose a little more and go with things.
       I'm a huge planner.  I want to know what I'm wearing tomorrow, exactly what I'm doing, and when things are going to happen.  I have to imagine how it's going to work out, and plan around it.  I am not a very spontaneous person.
     I'm a big list maker.  Nothing says orderliness like a good list!



















3 comments :

  1. I usually disappoint myself when I set goals. But here I am, struggling for a better tomorrow :D Thank you for sharing the inspiring quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Khloe, you sound a lot like me! :) Everything must be just so, spontaneity does not fit on the agenda, and it's frustrating when things don't go as imagined. I guess it's just another thing where we have to surrender to God. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Khloe! This was a post I could so relate to! Everything you said about yourself was as if you were describing me:-) I thank the Lord that I am a work in progress and that I'm not finished yet! And thank you for sharing these cute quotes -- I really enjoyed them!

    Much love,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete

I love all of your comments, but as your mom always said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!";)