Peace From Burdens

Wednesday, July 10, 2013



"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for yourself."




What a beautiful picture!  We all know how tough life can get sometimes, and the thing about it, is that all of the bad seems to come at one time.  You feel overwhelmed and burdened.  I know the feeling.

But then, there are times when life's going great.  You're loving God serving him, being faithful... then something happens.  Something that sets of a chain reaction.  When you are going through one of your "bad times" or "rough spots", something that may have seemed like a small mishap in the good times can feel like a tidal wave.

That's where God comes in.  He offers you rest.  A peace that no man can comprehend.

I have gone through a period recently where I felt unconnected to God and was not trying to live for Him as much as I should have.  I was focusing on me.  On top of that, I had some others problems , but one night I said, "God, I'm going to give myself and my problems to you, I know it will be better with you at my side.  Help me to be your servant."

With that, I felt a peace.  I have never experienced something so uplifting before.  I find that the more I seek Him and His will, the happier I am.  Devotion time has become such a special time with me and God.  Filled with peace and love.  Having a relationship with the GOD OF THE UNIVERSE is so amazing.
Take refuge in Him!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love all of your comments, but as your mom always said, "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!";)